Jaipur, Aug 20 (IANS) Electricity department officials and a government doctor were booked for negligence after a minor boy was electrocuted Monday on coming in contact with live wires in Rajasthan’s Sawaimadhopur district, police said.
Sajid Khan, 12, died on receiving the shock and burns in the incident in Gangapur city in the district, some 150 km from Jaipur.
“Sajid Khan had left home on his bicycle when he came in contact with some wires hanging from an electricity transformer,” a police officer told IANS.
He was taken to a government hospital but no one allegedly attended to him for almost an hour.
“After waiting for a doctor for almost an hour, his relatives took the child to a private hospital where he was declared brought dead,” the officer said.
The boy’s family members later went to the government hospital and damaged the property and beat up doctor Vijay Singh Meena, said the officer.
On the complaint of the boy’s relatives, a first information report (FIR) was registered against local electricity department officials for leaving the wires loose and the government doctor for not attending to the child promptly, said the officer.
The doctor also lodged a police complaint against the child’s family members for attacking him and damaging hospital property, the officer added.